Within my first 50 km radius
1) Geneva wedding - Extravagant hotels, chateaus, and churches sitting on the banks of the deep blue Geneva Lake, flanked by mighty, snow-capped mountains including: the gorgeous Mont Blanc. Geneva is a great place for weddings.
2) Yvoire wedding - stunning gardens in the petite medieval village set this setting apart from the others in the vicinity of a Geneva wedding. A little higher with beautiful vineyards as well, but looking the wrong way for tall mountains. Yvoire is the Geneva wedding with vibrant color and rich heritage.
3) Lausanne wedding - Perched as if on a cliff-top, Lausanne is the most striking place for Geneva wedding photography. Terraced vineyards flow down to Lake Leman far below, surrounded by towering Swiss mountains and lake Chateaus. So beautiful, and yet always busy, Lausanne is the Geneva wedding with rich reward for the patient.
4) Nantua (Ain) wedding - The quietest and least well known in the region. This beautiful lake town looks like one of Norway's grand fjords. Hidden deep in a valley, with iconic medieval architecture, this quiet town is great for those who want a quiet, yet beautifully defined, Geneva wedding.
5) Chamonix wedding- Sitting at the easternmost spot of my initial price radius for Geneva weddings. Chamonix sits at the base of the great Mont Blanc. Gondolas run year round here, which means that you could take your wedding photos on top of Europe, or on a glacier, or even, in a glacier in the Mer de Glace. Chamonix is not the Geneva wedding spot for the faint hearted, but it yields rich rewards.
6) Annecy wedding - Annecy carries the name the Venice of the Alps, and it is one of the most popular French towns in the region. It offers beautiful lake views of Annecy lake and a stunning town center with canals flanked by gorgeous Alpine peaks. Annecy is the Geneva wedding with vibrance and class.
6) Aix-les-Bains wedding - Aix-les-Bains and Chambery sit at the southern end of my initial price radius. Sitting on the banks of the Lac du Bourget, Aix -les-Bains contains some of the most beautiful, quiet chateaus, along with a prominent lakeside Abbey that does weddings as well. Aix-les-Bains is the Geneva wedding for those seeking all the great rewards in a more remote style.
7) Zermatt wedding - Hidden deep in the remote alpine region of Switzerland, there are few places that match the majestic mountain view as that of the Matterhorn seen from Zermatt. Ski here all year round and have one of the most exquisite wedding experiences in the world. Zermatt is a one of the kind Geneva wedding.
Choosing a Geneva Wedding
Is Geneva the right place for your wedding? If you are coming for a destination wedding, you will find few places in Europe have as much diversity in destinations within such a short distance as Geneva. The diversity also brings quiet and price differentials that can fit any need.
If you are from the region then you will need to have the wedding done in your Marie or canton, and
I can take the pictures there and also schedule a later shoot for pictures in another iconic destination in the vicinity of Geneva.
Picking the right wedding photographer
These videos are here to help you in knowing how to pick the right wedding photographer and also to prepare for the wedding.
Now while I would hope you would choose me as your photographer, in all honesty, you need to make sure you are picking a photographer that fits your needs and produces work that you would enjoy having.
So here are the steps to picking the right photographer:
1) Be honest with yourself - What will the photos be used for? Will they fill your walls for everyone to see, or just for your eyes only? Maybe you don't need to splurge on an expensive photographer, or get a paid one at all.
2) Figure out the max you can spend on a photographer - A wedding is great, but it really is only as good as your memories of it. If you have a choice between cheap tablecloths and an expensive photographer - get the photographer! My favorite Russian saying is you buy twice what you buy cheap.
3) Ask the photographers questions - Before you decide to just pick a photographer, reach out to a couple you really like and ask them questions about what to expect, and if they can do a style you like.
4) Communicate expectations - In the end, the best photographer is one that fulfills what you want from the wedding, and in my experience this can be any photographer! But you need to be explicit with them about what you want. Show pictures, talk to them, make them understand exactly what you are expecting, and most photographers will deliver!
How do you know we're legit?
We want to make it fun! We love photography, and our first goal is to make sure that you have the best experience you can possibly have. It takes a little bit of courage to have a photo session with someone you don't know, and that is why we are going to be there with you every step of the way. In many cases, you may be traveling to Geneva. We will be there walking you through the process and communicating with you long before you arrive, up until the delivery of the final product.
We spend so much time communicating, that there's little wonder that we become good friends with almost everyone we photograph. No matter what your needs, you can know that you'll have someone you can rely on and work to make your photos and experience special. Still not convinced? Check out some reviews on our Facebook page and Yelp page.
My wedding example
The example above is from my second wedding and relates to the video above it. My wife's cousin did a great job taking the pictures, but you can see (Picture on the left) how the flash blew out the highlights, changed the white balance on us and the background and the close proximity to the lens distorted our faces. All of that, I was able to fix afterwards (Picture on the right)
Click for text to video
Hi my name is Bryson Strupp head photographer at A River Runs Through it Photography in Geneva, Switzerland
Here we know how important it is to have just the perfect pictures for your wedding day, and we want to work with you to ensure you have the best experience possible.
Let me just relate a couple tips from my own wedding.
My wife and I had the opportunity to get married twice since I'm American and she's French. which meant we had two photographers
We ended up not being very happy with the first photographer. She had a strict contract, was shooting her first wedding,
Took forever to get us the photos, and sent us low quality pictures with the option of purchasing better ones.
So in the end, we had pictures that didn't print well, and few that we even liked. Of course, she did give us a great deal
and she has since become a great photographer, but to this day we are still disappointed that we didn't have a backup plan.
We learned from our mistakes the second time around, we were even poorer at that time, and couldn't even hire a cheap photographer, but we found
some family with cameras and had lots of them taking pictures throughout the wedding, and then had them send us high quality photos that I could then edit.
This resulted in great photographs that made us very happy.
The moral of the story is that if money is a problem, you don't always need a professional photographer, at the very least if the photos don't turn out perfect,
You'll be happy that you didn't have to spend money on them.
On the other hand, if you have enough money for a professional photographer make sure to always have a backup plan.
Call up a sibling or relative or friend who has a camera and have them take some during the wedding and give the pictures to you later.
You won't regret having too many good pictures of your wedding day, and you never know when a professional may have to switch a battery or wait for a flash to cool down
You know what they say,
Don't put all your eggs in one basket
100 Edited digital photos
4 Hours of shooting
Travel within 50km of Geneva
Additional 4 hours of shooting
150 additional photos
Travel within 100km of Geneva
Photos from start to finish
Bridals or a pre-wedding shoot
Travel to any of my locations
(Must be within 50km of Geneva)
(Must be within 100km of Geneva)
(Depends on the needs of customer, contact me for a quote)
Additional items I can provide:
About my price table for Geneva weddings
All of my wedding packages can be negotiated according to your needs and wants. The price will always depend on distance needed to travel and the amount of time and work or risk I would take.
Also make sure to read my FINE PRINT PAGE